Do you have a squirrel problem and are worried about the health hazards of squirrels? While squirrels may appear cute, they can be quite a nuisance to have in your home. There are plenty of threats that they pose through inhabiting your house. Some are more structural dangers, but all of them can eventually be dangerous to your health. Here are some of the things you need to be cautious of when you have a squirrel problem.
Health Hazards of Squirrels
1. They will chew up your wiring and insulation. Squirrels, like other rodents, have large teeth and love to chew on things. When they’re in your home, this usually means that your wiring and insulation is at risk as well as anything else you may keep in your attic. Put plainly, a squirrel chewing through your wiring is extremely dangerous. While it may do nothing more than cause some electronic issues in your home, it also presents the risk of starting a fire.
2. They will urinate and leave feces everywhere. Squirrels do not have the same bathroom etiquette as humans do, they’ll just go wherever. That means your nice attic floor or old valuables become potential victims for a squirrel that has to go. Many rodents carry diseases that are easily spread through exposure to their waste. Luckily, squirrels do not carry diseases for the most part. Their waste will put you at risk of salmonella which certainly isn’t pleasant, but is also a much better alternative to what many rats and mice may bring in.
3. The smell will be awful. As if having a squirrel going to the bathroom throughout your home wouldn’t produce a bad enough smell, many of them get caught in the walls and die. For many unfortunate homeowners, they don’t even find out that they have a squirrel in their home until they smell it’s decaying body. At that point it can be extremely hard to find and remove. Dealing with a body can present it’s own health risks as well and it’s certainly not fun to deal with the smell of a body.
Are You Looking for Professional Exterminators to Avoid the Health Hazards of Squirrels?
If the health hazards of squirrels is a concern for your home, look into hiring an exterminator right away. Overall a squirrel infestation isn’t as bad as a rat or mouse infestation, but it’s better to have none of them. If you need highly trained professional technicians to service your home, contact PermaKill today. They’ve been around since 1984 and fully understand all of the best pest removal practices. For more information on their services, contact them today by calling (732)584-6414 or visit the website!
Morris County Exterminators
Are you dealing with a carpenter ant infestation and worried about the potential dangers of carpenter ants? On the bright side, you don’t have to worry about them eating wood like termites or spreading diseases like other pests. With that being said, they do present their own dangers and should definitely be taken care of ASAP. Here are some of threats they bring to your home.
Dangers of Carpenter Ants
The primary dangers of carpenter ants comes from the way they destroy wood. As mentioned above, they do not eat the wood, they simply burrow through it and live in it. After a while the structural integrity of your home will be reduced and you will be in danger. It may take a while to get to this point, but it is something that should be taken care of ASAP. Their colony will only continue to grow and damage will happen more and more at an even quicker rate.
If there are any areas where you’ve noticed wet or rotting wood, this is where they’ll likely begin their work. From there, they will build a series of tunnels throughout the wooden structure as they expand. They will continue to make more and more room for colony as it continues to grow. The longer this process is allowed to go on for, the more at risk you become. It’s important to keep an eye out after recent construction where their previous home may have been disturbed.
Are You Worried About the Dangers of Carpenter Ants for Your Home?
If you have any suspicions that you may have a carpenter ant problem, contact PermaKill today. The dangers of carpenter ants may not lie in being bitten or disease, but they can still pose a powerful threat to your home. PermaKill is a pest control company with highly trained technicians that use the best methods to keep your home safe. They perform each job understanding that no two houses are the same and may require certain deviations from the norm for the best results. For information on their services, contact them today at (973)584-6414 or visit the website!
Morris County Exterminator
Are you worried that your home is at risk and want to learn how to prevent ants in the house? Whether you’ve seen a few of these guys already or just want to make sure they don’t even come in, the following tips should help you. It’s better for you to keep them out and ensure that you don’t find yourself in need of an exterminator.
How to Prevent Ants in the House
1. Keep the place clean. One of the easiest ways to keep ants out is to keep your home clean. Keep the floor swept and make sure you’re on top of cleaning up any spills. Also be sure to take out the trash when it’s full. Just these simple tips will put you in a good position when it comes to keeping ants out.
2. Eliminate their trails. When you see ants wandering through your home, you need to destroy the trails that they leave. Ants leave a trail that essentially tells other ants where to go. Simply mopping won’t be enough to stop them from being able to follow the trail. Instead, mix vinegar with water in a spray bottle and spray it wherever you see the ants walking. Keep in mind this will only be effective if the ants you find inside have not already built a colony in your home.
3. Take out the colony. When you see some ants in your home, try to ignore your first instinct and don’t kill it immediately. Instead, use it to get an idea of where the colony is in your house. As you figure out the trail that they follow, you can put out ant bait. The scouts will go out to get this and bring it back to the colony as food. This will be toxic for them and should effectively eliminate queen and the rest of the colony.
How to Prevent Ants in the House – Need a Pro?
If you’ve learned how to prevent ants in the house and are still have problems, it might be time to get a professional involved. PermaKill has been around since 1984 providing professional exterminator services to NJ homeowners. At PermaKill, they understand that no two situations are the same when it comes to pests in the home. They’ll take the time to learn what’s happening in your home and handle it with care. For more information, contact them today by calling (973)584-6414 or visit the website!
Morris County Exterminator
Having bed bugs can be a huge issue for homeowners. There are many bed bugs health risks that can be a threat to you and your family. The sooner you get rid of these pests the better it will be for everyone in your house. Here are some of the health risks that you are exposed to if you have bed bugs in the house.
Bed Bugs Health Risks
1. Allergies – One major risk of bed bugs is being allergic to them. In the same way that someone may have an allergic reaction when a bee stings them, you may face something similar with bed bugs. Depending on the allergy of the person bit, it can potentially be life threatening.
2. Itchy Bumps – This is generally what is caused by a bed bug bite. You will get itchy bumps on your body wherever they may have bitten you.
3. Sleep Deprivation – Having bed bugs can be such an issue that it causes you to sleep less at night. It may be hard for you to get comfortable if you’re constantly itchy or are aware that they’re biting you. There are plenty of other negative side effects that may come from sleeping less as well.
4. Mental Stress – Having bed bugs can be extremely stressful. You of course will physically feel the harm that they cause, but it will also wear on you mentally. This could come from a lack of sleep, a fear of their presence, and many other factors. Many people who suffered with a bed bug infestation claim that it was a horrible experience in many ways.
Are You Concerned with Bed Bugs Health Risks?
If you have bed bugs in your home, you are susceptible to all of the bed bugs health risks mentioned above. The only way to be rid of them is through extermination. If you’re looking for a professional exterminator that you can trust, contact PermaKill today! PermaKill is a locally owned exterminator that has been around since 1984 and makes your safety and comfort a priority. For information on their services or a free estimate, contact them today by calling (973)584-6414 or visit the website today!
Morris County Exterminator
Is your house overrun and you need a Sussex County exterminator to clean it out? Sometimes it can be tough to determine if you have a pest problem. Rodents will try to sneak around and are scared of you, so they’ll do their best to remain unseen. What you will see is everything they leave behind. Here are some tips to help you find out if you have a rodent problem.
Sussex County Exterminator – Do I Have Rodents?
1. Listen – Often times if you have a rodent problem, even if you can’t see them, you’ll hear them. They’ll try and stay out of sight to avoid contact with you because they’re scared of you. What you can do is try listening closely at night when everything else is still and quiet. If you hear scratching or crawling sounds, you may have some rodents.
2. Smell – Rodents will leave a very identifiable odor behind wherever they go. You’ll smell their feces or urine as well just the animal itself. You may notice especially in areas where other odors don’t permeate as much. This could be in your basement or even your pantry where they would likely be looking for food.
3. See – This is probably the easiest way for people to detect rodents in their home. You probably won’t see the creatures themselves, but they leave a lot behind. Check in hard to reach areas for evidence of feces or waste product that they may leave. You will also likely see food bags that are chewed through in your pantry if they’re accessible. If you see a lot of this, you should probably call a Sussex County exterminator to take the next step. You can also try putting out a few traps and obviously, if they catch something, you might have a problem.
Do You Need a Sussex County Exterminator?
Rodents are simply no fun to have in your home. They eat your food, go to the bathroom wherever they please, and worst of all: they’re dangerous. Many rodents carry diseases with them so it’s important to get rid of them ASAP. If you suspect that you have a problem at your home, contact PermaKill today. Since 1984 they’ve established themselves as the top Sussex County exterminator group. For more information on their services, contact them today!
Sussex County Exterminator