Grease ants are a very common species of ant in Morris County homes (especially in kitchens) across much of the U.S. They is so tiny that they can easily slip into homes through cracks and make its nests in tiny crevices both within the home and outside. An infestation of these pests may mean the need for Morris County grease ant removal services.
Identification – Check if You Need Morris County Grease Ant Removal Services
Grease ants are extremely tiny, averaging a mere 1/32 – 1/16 inch. They have very small eyes in relation to size of head. Their colors consist of yellow, bronze, and light or dark brown. They also have a body that is very smooth and shiny.
Indoor Morris County Grease Ant Removal Tips
Grease ants that are found to be nesting indoors are best eliminated through baiting. This can be as simple as placing a small amount of greasy bait near the areas in which the ants have been seen. But for greater success, use of chemical ant baits mixed with grease or oil for your means of Morris County grease ant removal.
- Mix a chemical ant bait, such as Terro or Drax Ant Bait, with a grease or oil, such as vegetable oil and peanut butter.
- This mixing will require a bit of trial and error as exact proportions have not been documented, but you will need to add enough grease to the bait so it is attractive to the ants, but not so much that it will dilute the active ingredient below the level of effectiveness.
- Add a single drop of grease or oil to 5 to 10 drops of bait on a piece of wax paper. Place the baited wax paper in the area in which ants have been seen. If the ants are not attracted to the bait, add another drop or two of grease, or try another oil.
- Other options can be used instead of wax paper, such as the back side of masking tape, small squares of cardboard or paper, or directly on the floor or surface where the ants are trailing.
- Always keep baits out of reach of children and pets, and follow directions on the pesticide label.
Outdoor Morris County Grease Ant Removal Tips
This is one ant for which baits are not effective if the ant is nesting outdoors. The best option is to instead locate the nest and treat it directly. To locate a nest, follow the trail of ants backward from the food source. However, because these ants are so small and will nest in areas that are distant or hard to reach, it can be difficult, or even impractical, to locate outdoor nests. So, if the outdoor nest cannot be found, a perimeter treatment of the home can help to keep outdoor-nesting ants from coming indoors to forage for food or set up new nests. You can always contact a Morris County grease ant removal specialist to help.
Looking for Expert Morris County Grease Ant Removal Services?
PermaKill Exterminating Co., LLC, was established in 1984 and is a locally owned and operated family business. We are not a franchise which means we tailor our services to the problems we find using the best tools at our disposal. Our specialty is providing scientifically proven treatments to meet your specific requirements. Whether you need cricket removal service, tick treatment, bee removal, or any other pest service, we have got you covered! We provide pest control service in the counties of Morris, Somerset, Hunterdon, Warren and Sussex including, but not limited to the following towns: Chester, Flanders, Warren, Mendham, Bedminster, Bernardsville, Randolph, Basking Ridge, Long Valley, Morristown, and many more. For more information, you can call us at 973-584-6414 or visit the website.